Create a 3-4 page report on the optimal learning environment for the course you began developing in Assessment 1.
Often instructors do not get to choose the environment in which they will teach, but in this assessment you have the opportunity to do just that. Here you will select an environment that is the best fit for your content and learner population, and also consider how to maintain learner motivation in the environment you choose.
Note: Assessments in this course build on each other and must be completed in sequential order.
Create a 3â€“4 page report on the optimal learning environment for the course you began developing in Assessment 1. You should select a learning environment that will foster motivation in your learner population, support your efforts at classroom motivation, and best serve the goals of the course.
Practice implementing these considerations in the Vila Health challenge provided in the Resources before beginning your work here.
As you prepare to complete this assessment, you may want to think about other related issues to deepen your understanding or broaden your viewpoint. You are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of your professional community.
Note that these questions are for your own development and exploration and do not need to be completed or submitted as part of your assessment.
- Which evidence-based research supports or refutes the use of traditional teaching methods? Which traditional teaching methods support critical thinking?
- What innovative pedagogical teaching strategies are present in your teaching philosophy? What evidence-based research supports or refutes the use of activity-based teaching methods?
- What do you believe is the role of the educator when using simulations in a learning environment?
Create a report that does the following:
- Describes the learning environment most appropriate for the educational topic and intended audience that you identified.
- Briefly describes and evaluates theories of classroom management, learner management, and learner motivation that are relevant to your course and intended audience.
- Describes evidence-based strategies for classroom and learner management and evidence-based best practices to enhance learner motivation and how you would employ these in your learning environment and with a diverse group of learners.
- Supports your choices with scholarly resources.
- Format: 12-point Times New Roman or Arial font, double-spaced in Microsoft Word.
- Length: 3â€“4 pages, plus a title page and a references page.
- Use correct APA format, including running head, page numbers, and a title page.
- Use and cite at least three scholarly articles in your plan.
- Writing should be free of grammar and spelling errors that distract from content.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Appraise the influence of learner’s culture, gender, and experiences on teaching and learning.
- Describe the most appropriate learning environment for an intended topic and audience.
- Competency 2: Apply educational theory and evidence-based teaching practices when implementing teaching strategies.
- Evaluate the applicability of classroom management and learner motivation theories to a specific course.
- Competency 3: Apply a variety of teaching strategies appropriate to diverse learner needs, content, and desired learner outcomes.
- Describe theories of learner motivation.
- Describe evidence-based best practices to enhance learner motivation in diverse settings.
- Competency 4: Integrate best practices for classroom management.
- Describe theories of classroom and learner management.
- Describe evidence-based strategies for classroom and learner management.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with the expectations of a nursing education professional.
- Support a position with effective written communication; use correct spelling, grammar, punctuation and mechanics, and APA style and formatting.
- I UPLOADED ASSESSEMENT 1 FOR REFERENCE