Consider that you are a college graduate with your BA and ready to start looking for a career as a director of a company. The company is named “Sun-dried Clay” a fast growing tech firm in San Jose seeking an Operation Manager. Review and submit answers to the three interview questions below.
- Question 1: Tell Me About Yourself
- Helpful hints: This is a common question asked in many interviews. You want to discuss your own personal brand and your pitch. The pitch should be concise and compelling and specific as to why you are the right fit for the job. Start with two to three accomplishment or experiences that you want the interviewer to know about you. Then close your pitch with how that prior experience has positioned you for this specific job.
- Question 2: Why Should We Hire You?
- Helpful hints: This is an opportunity for you to showcase your skills and sell yourself. You want to convey that you can not only do the work, but you can also deliver great results, that you will fit in the companyâ€™s culture, and that you are the best hire.
- Question 3: What Are Your Two Greatest Opportunities?
- Helpful hints: We often prepare ourselves or can just speak to our strengths. However, speaking about our opportunities may take some planning. This is a time to show your own self-awareness and honesty. Try to find a balance by thinking of something that you struggle with and that you are working to improve. A common example might be to strength your public speaking skills. You could discuss how you have tried to improve this through some volunteer group or other opportunity.
About me ” I currently work as a paraprofessional at a high school with special education students. So I am not sure how to answer these questions”. I assume this assignment is hypothetically speaking.