Gang prevention efforts
For this week’s assignment, you will write a 2-3 page essay about gang prevention and suppression. Be sure to address all prompts and cite your sources in APA format. This is worth 80 points, so be thorough and give your best effort.
Gang prevention efforts are methods designed to keep susceptible youths from joining a gang in the first place (Delaney, 2013). Another approach is suppression (Delaney, 2013), in which law enforcement and judicial bodies attempt to punish existing gang members rather than rehabilitate them, as a deterrent to other members (Delaney, 2013). Treatment programs are designed to help rehabilitate gang members so that they can become positive members of society, rather than simply punishing them (Delaney, 2013). Considering the fact that the number of gangs, the amount of gang violence, and the fear that grips the community all continue to escalate, it is fair to conclude that most of these programs have been ineffective in reducing gang activity (Delaney, 2013). Write a 2-3 page paper discussing gang prevention, suppression, and treatment programs. Be sure to address the following:
- Discuss the difference between prevention and suppression of gang activity.
- Explain the reasons why some policies lean toward prevention while others lean towards suppression.
- Compare the success rate of both methods.
- Discuss the different gang treatment programs.
- Make sure to include alternatives to court processing, methods of treatment, and prison treatment programs.
Cite properly per APA in-text and reference list protocols.
Answer not yet available
To have this questions done by our pool of professional writers, kindly send us an email.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org