Final Paper Proposal and Outline
To prepare for your Final Paper, review the Final Paper instructions attached below. The paper must be formatted according to APA style and include a title and a reference page.
There are two parts to this assignment: a proposal and an outline. See the instructions below for details on what those parts should include:
Part 1 – Proposal
The proposal should be on a separate page from the outline, and it should consist of one or two paragraphs that describe the society selected for your paper. This society must be a nation other than the United States that has large ethnic groups within it. In the proposal, you must explain why you believe this is an appropriate society for your Final Paper.
Part 2 – Outline
Using the sample below as a guide, provide an outline for your Final Paper. The outline should be in basic APA outline format.
Select a particular country and analyze the ethnic stratification within that society. For this paper, you must focus on ethnic stratification and conflict, including evidence of prejudice and discrimination. In addition to a description of the selected society and its ethnic groups, your paper should include an analysis of similarities and differences the society’s ethnic stratification system as compared to the United States.
You may select one of the countries on the CIA World Factbook website for comparison to the United States in terms of the ethnic stratification system.
The following information should be included in your outline:
- Describe the selected country’s society, focusing on ethnic groups, stratification, and conflict.
- Provide examples of the ethnic problems in that society, including evidence of prejudice and discrimination.
- Discuss what the experts say about ethnic problems (or ethnic harmony) in the selected country’s society.
- Compare the selected country’s society to society in the United States. Evaluate similarities and differences related to ethnic groups, stratification, and conflict, using specific examples gathered in your research.
- Conclude with reflections and thoughts about ethnic groups and the societies in which we live.
Provide at least five of the seven sources that you plan to include in the Final Paper.
While the following example can be modified to suit your needs, this outline is likely to result in a high quality Final Paper.
- Title of Paper
- Selected Country
- Description of country
- Ethnic groups in country
- Ethnic stratification system in country
- Ethnic Problems or Harmony
- Prejudice and discrimination
- Examples of ethnic problems
- Consequences of discrimination for ethnic group members
- Examples of consequences
- Research on Ethnicity in Selected Country
- Experts on ethnic problems in selected country
- Findings of studies on ethnic discrimination in selected country
- Comparison with the United States
- Ethnic groups in the United States
- Ethnic stratification system in the United States
- Ethnic conflict and discrimination in the United States
- Similarities between selected country and the United States
- Similarity among ethnic groups
- Similarity in ethnic stratification
- Similarity in terms of ethnic conflict
- Examples of the similarity garnered from research
- Differences between selected country and the United States
- Differences among ethnic groups in selected country and the United States
- Differences in ethnic stratification systems
- Differences in ethnic conflict in selected country and the United States
- Examples of differences garnered from research
- Selected Country
- Title of Paper