Explain the five perspectives that provide a foundation for understanding sport consumer decision-making, as outlined in the chapter.
- Explain the five perspectives that provide a foundation for understanding sport consumer decision-making, as outlined in the chapter. Illustrate with relevant examples how these perspectives differ and converge in terms of their view on the sport consumer. (200 words)
- Explain the sport consumer behaviour model outlined in the chapter. Discuss the three major aspects of the model, namely, the sport consumer marketplace, the four factors that influence sport consumption, and the steps in the decision-making process. How do these aspects interrelate to provide a comprehensive view of sport consumer behavior? (200 words)
- Discuss the process of consumer decision-making in the context of sports products, focusing on the steps of problem and desire recognition, information gathering and processing, and the identification and evaluation of alternatives. How do personal and external factors influence these steps, and what strategies can sport businesses employ to effectively cater to their consumers? (200 words)
- Discuss the various types of decision-making rules (at least three) consumers employ when purchasing or engaging with sport products. Provide examples to illustrate each type and discuss how understanding these rules can aid sports marketers in designing more effective marketing strategies. (200 words)
- Calculate all brand scores (Nike, Saucony, Under Armour, Hoka, Asics, and New Balance) using compensatory decision rule (Refer to Box 5.4.)