Working in Groups and Teams
Complete the “Evaluate Team Member Effectiveness” self-assessment.
- Provide your results. This means both the score and the range in which you fell.
- Do you agree with your results? Be sure to provide examples of how you display each of the traits.
- Based on your self-assessment, what do you see as your strengths and weaknesses regarding working on a team?
- Have you ever engaged in social loafing while on a team? Why or why not?
- How does working effectively on a team give you an advantage in the workplace? To address this question. you need to provide expert data in two areas.
The first data needed is expert validation that teams are being used more extensively by companies. ( For example, how many companies are now using teams compared to 5 years ago.)
The second data set needs to validate that skills gained in a team environment can help you advance your career. Ken Blanchard has conducted a lot of research in this area
- How do groups normally develop? (Hint: this topic is one of your discussion starters.)
- How does the effectiveness of the team members influence the group’s development process? Provide a concrete example of both positive and negative impacts on team member behavior.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Answer Preview for Working in Groups and Teams