Week 6 Assignment 2: Use case
Prepare a 5-6 page paper in which you:
- Describe (in a one to two (1-2) page narrative) a use case, complete with typical and alternate courses, that documents the event of a bank customer withdrawing money from an ATM.
- Illustrate the use case using Visio or a similar product.
- Describe (in a one to two (1-2) page narrative) a use case dependency for making an account deposit. Illustrate this use case with Visio or a similar product.
- Describe (in a one to two (1-2) page narrative) a use case dependency for making an account transfer. Illustrate this use case with Visio or a similar product.
- Identify and explain at least one (1) ethical issue that the use case exposes in connection with the development or use of the ATM system.
- Research and cite at least three (3) authoritative academic sources.
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Excel, Visio, MS Project, or one of their equivalents such as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice. The completed diagrams/charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
- Summarize the various requirements modeling techniques.
- Create a use case based on relating functional requirements.
- Analyze and articulate ethical, cultural, and legal issues and their feasibilities among alternative solutions.
- Use contemporary CASE tools in process and data modeling.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in systems analysis and development.
- Write clearly and concisely about Systems Analysis and Development topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Describe a use case, complete with typical and alternate courses, that documents the event of a bank customer withdrawing money from an ATM.
The use case will define the interaction between a bank customer and the ATM when the customer uses the ATM to withdraw money. Here we have the Bank and the bank customer as the actors. The predictions that are in place include the presence of an active network connection to the bank and the availability of money in the ATM.
The basic flow of events will be as follows:
- The use case will begin when the AT card is inserted into the ATM machine
- The ATM validates the card (USE CASE)
The ATM displays the different alternatives…