W3A2 Cyber Threats, Offenders, and Crimes
Develop a comprehensive Microsoft PowerPoint presentation of 12—15 slides for the chief of police. The presentation will be used as part of an educational program for the government officials and the public in an effort to obtain funding for the new cyber investigative unit. Your presentation should describe the growth and emergence of personal computing and the Internet. Include the following in your briefing:
- A description of the types of threats to computer users and Internet surfers globally.
- The types of offenders and the digital forensic crimes they commit and threats they pose to your community.
- The areas where digital forensics is of utmost help in catching the offenders.
- Analyze how has digital forensics been used in a recent case to either assist in convicting or acquitting the defendant.
- Explain types of crimes committed using computers and the Internet in your community.
- Analyze profiles of the offenders and the crimes they commit.
- What role does digital forensics play in detecting, solving, and successfully prosecuting perpetrators of computer and Internet-facilitated crimes in your jurisdiction?
- Provide at least one recent case in your jurisdiction or nearby in which computer forensics was instrumental in assisting in the conviction or acquittal of the defendant.
Present the additional information in the Notes section in your presentation.
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.