You will research and find an example of a firm that is going through the transformational change
Introduction (250-300 words) You will research and find an example of a firm that is going through the transformational change of offshoring much of its production activities. The first part of the plan will be the Introduction. Context for the introduction includes the following:
- What is offshoring?
- How were the stakeholders affected?
- What initiated the change?
- How well has it been received or accepted, and why?
- What is driving the need for this transformational change? (300-500 words)
- Why is this considered a transformational change?
- Why can the firm not just keep doing what it has been doing?
- What is management’s role in the transformational change?
- Are there easier alternatives to accomplish the goal of remaining competitive?
*Deliverable Length: 550-800 words with a minimum of 2 scholarly references
One of the company’s that has been observed to take on offshoring is general motors. Offshoring can be described as the process through which a company transfers its operations to another area of operations. For instance, the transformational change in General Motors’ company, was initiated by the bankruptcy as well as the withdrawal…..