Synthesis paper leadership
Synthesis is the act of creating something new from multiple existing entities. Synthesis of research, then, is creating a new idea from existing ideas. Synthesis of research is not a single innate skill. Rather, it is a process learned through time and practice. In this assignment, you will engage in the last part of the synthesis process.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Refer to the annotated bibliography and outline you created in the Module 5 assignment along with the assignment feedback from your instructor.
- Review: Lilienfeld, S. O., Waldman, I. D., Landfield, K., Watts, A. L., Rubenzer, S., & Faschingbauer, T. R. (2012). Fearless dominance and the U.S. presidency: Implications of psychopathic personality traits for successful and unsuccessful political leadership. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 103(3), 489-505. http://library.gcu.edu:2048/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com.library.gcu.edu:2048/login.aspx?direct=true&db=a9h&AN=79301650&site=ehost-live&scope=site
- Review: van Eeden, R., Cilliers, F., & van Deventer, V. (2008). Leadership styles and associated personality traits: Support for the conceptualisation of transactional and transformational leadership. South African Journal of Psychology, 38(2), 253-267.http://library.gcu.edu:2048/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com.library.gcu.edu:2048/login.aspx?direct=true&db=a9h&AN=33720593&site=ehost-live&scope=site
- Review: Odom, S. F., Boyd, B. L., & Williams, J. (2012). Impact of Personal Growth Projects on Leadership Identity Development. Journal of Leadership Education, 11(1), 49-63.http://library.gcu.edu:2048/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com.library.gcu.edu:2048/login.aspx?direct=true&db=eric&AN=EJ980968&site=ehost-live&scope=site
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Locate the annotated bibliography and outline you created in the Module 5 assignment. Using the outline you developed, the information from the annotated bibliography, and the feedback provided by your instructor, write a paper (750-1,000 words) that synthesizes all three of the articles. Do that by including the following:
- A statement of common themes addressed in each of the three articles.
- A statement of the conclusions that can be drawn when the articles are taken together as a single entity. What is the overall message of the group of articles?
Synthesis is coming up with a new idea from the annotated bibliographies given. This means that you completely come up with something new and very original about each title of the bibliography that you are studying. This paper will succinctly discuss or synthesize three books that I already annotated in the earlier class discussions.
- Odom, S. F., Boyd, B. L., & Williams, J. (2012). Impact of Personal Growth Projects on Leadership Identity Development. Journal of Leadership Education, 11(1), 49-63.
This book is based on leadership and how one can grow themselves into leaders. It gives the reader, the ideal ways of improving yourself and coming out as the perfect leader. It captures the various essentials of leadership as well as explaining what leadership is all about. The book also touches on ways that one could use to identify themselves..