Research Article Identification
Read the “Methods” section within the article.
Ivandić Zimić, J., & Jukić, V. (2012). Familial risk factors favoring drug addiction onset. Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, 44(2), 173-185.
Write a two- to- three page paper (excluding title and reference pages) that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center, presenting the information listed below. Your paper should begin with an introduction paragraph (including a thesis statement) and end with a concluding paragraph reaffirming the thesis and summarizing the major points made in the body of the paper.
The body of your paper must contain the following criteria:
- Identify the study by title and authors.
- Determine what question(s) the authors are trying to answer by doing this research.
- Differentiate between qualitative and quantitative research methods and terminology. Specify which approach is used in the study.
- Explain whether the study is qualitative or quantitative by citing specific clues from the article, such as sample size, data collection techniques, the nature of the data collected, or the data analysis techniques used.
- Associate the chosen study with a specific research area of psychology based on the information on research area in Chapter 1 of your course textbook. Explain your reasoning.
- Summarize ethical issues which were addressed in the article and analyze the ethical principles applied. Can you discern additional ethical issues that apply but were not mentioned?
Family background and the relationship among family members plays a big role in influencing somebody to start using drugs and ending up as a drug addict. This is a theory that many people support as well as opposing in our day to day occurrences. Drug addiction is a major social problem that has affected us directly or indirectly in our society and it has lead to many people wasting down their lives. There are many discussions…