Use a college baseball coach has the profession Interview
For the assignment below, use a college baseball coach has the profession Interview
1. Setting Up the Interview
· Chose a career you are interested in pursuing and knowing more about
· Find a professional who is currently in that career
· Contact the professional you are interested in interviewing
o Explain that you are collecting information about certain careers and are hoping to meet talk with them for 30 minutes
§ Hello my name is _________________. I am a sophomore at Lake Tahoe Community College, and I am studying__________________. I am in the process of deciding on a career. I am hoping to speak with someone who is currently in the ___________________ field. Would you or someone who is currently in the ___________________ field. Would you be willing to meet with me to answer some of my questions? Or is there someone else you would recommend for me to speak with?
· Review this list of questions:
o Will you tell me about your job? What are the core components in your job?
o What previous professional experience helped you in this role?
o What attracted you to this career path?
o How would you describe someone who would be successful in this career
o What is something that would surprise people about your day-to-day work
o What do you enjoy most about your job?
o What kind of problems do you deal with in your position?
o How do you see this profession changing in the next 10 years?
o If you could go back and do anything differently on this career path, what would you do?
o How does your job affect your life overall?
o What related fields do you think I should consider looking into?
o What steps do you recommend I take to prepare to enter this field?
o What is the interview process like for someone in your career?
o What is an entry level position to start out in this field?
o Does your company offer internships?
o Do you mind looking over my resume and giving me feedback?
· Add questions you want to ask
· Choose at least 5 questions to ask
· If you already have your Resume, prepare to send it to them for review
· If it is a video call or in person make sure to dress at least business casual for an interview.
3. Make it count
o Be on time
o Take notes during the interview
o Ask for the professional to review your resume and give suggestions
o Send a Thank you note/email with in 24 hours
o Create 2-3 page document about the interview and submit it.
§ Must include:
· who you interviewed (this should be a short paragraph
o Where they are located
· the questions you asked, and what the answers were
o This part can be in a numbered or bullet point format to distinguish between the questions, but everything must be written in complete sentences.
· at least 3 things you learned
o This should be in paragraph form
o Possibly multiple paragraphs
· discuss if they have any suggestions for you
o Include your thoughts and feelings about their suggestions
· discuss if the interview changed your perspective on the career
o This reflection should be multiple paragraphs
§ The format can be a combination of paragraphs, and bullet points/numbers for the questions and the answers to create a 2-3 page document
§ Your paper should be written in a format that is easy to read and flows well
§ The entire paper should be written in complete sentences
§ Make sure your paper is proofread for spelling and grammatical error
Answer preview to Use a college baseball coach has the profession Interview