Positive and negative reinforcement
- Definepositive reinforcement
- Define negative reinforcement
- Show how you have applied and/or discuss how you will apply these choices to your daily life.
- Please also share your experiences regarding each one’s effectiveness in various situations.
- Finally, share something that you learned from Chapter Five that might change the way that you handle certain situations or that supports the way that you currently handle these situations.
Your assignment should use terms/references directly from the chapter, and all extra outside research must be properly cited.
Define positive reinforcement
Positive reinforcement is defined as the additional of something due to the outcome of a behavior after engaging in this behavior. It is fact that before you engaged in any behavior what you really wanted was not present (Cooper, Heron, & Heward, 2007). However, after engaging in that behavior what you really wanted becomes present. An example to this Mary comes running to her mother after playing with her friends in a hot sun. She request for a coke from her mother. Her mother gladly honors her request and gets her a bottle of coke. She takes it and decides that next time when thirsty she…