Research a selected local, national, or global nonprofit organization
Assessment 2 Instructions: Community Resources
Research a selected local, national, or global nonprofit organization or government agency to determine how it contributes to public health and safety improvements, promotes equal opportunity, and improves the quality of life within the community. Submit your findings in a 4 page report. As you begin to prepare this assessment, it would be an excellent choice to complete the Nonprofit Organizations and Community Health activity. Complete this activity to gain insight into promoting equal opportunity and improving the quality of life in a community. The information gained from completing this activity will help you succeed with the assessment.
1. Explains how an organization’s mission and vision enable it to contribute to public health and safety improvements. Draws well-reasoned, logical conclusions about the organization’s work and provides a specific, relevant example of how a local and/or global initiative supports the organization’s mission and vision and promotes public health and safety.
2. Evaluates an organization’s ability to promote equal opportunity and improve the quality of life in a community, with regard to the effects of social, cultural, economic, and physical barriers and their implications for the organization and community.
3. Assesses the impact of funding sources, policy, and legislation on an organization’s service delivery. Provides clear insight into the potential implications of funding decisions, policy, and legislation for community members.
4. Explain how an organization’s work impacts the health and/or safety needs of a local community, and offers creative or insightful ideas about how nurses might become involved with the organization.
5. Organizes content with a clear purpose. Content flows logically with smooth transitions using coherent paragraphs, correct grammar/punctuation, word choice, and free of spelling errors.
6. Exhibits strict and flawless adherence to APA formatting of headings, in-text citations, and references. Quotes and paraphrases correctly.
Answer preview to Research a selected local, national, or global nonprofit organization