A literature review is to present relevant literature findings from nursing and related fields
The purpose of a literature review is to present relevant literature findings from nursing and related fields, show awareness of what is known about this scientific area and apply the findings to nursing practice.
The literature review should consist of 4 peer-reviewed scholarly studies from the past 5 years. DO NOT USE other lit reviews or systematic reviews or meta-analyses. Expect this paper to be 7-8 pages NOT including the title page and references. PLEASE submit the articles you are using for the lit review.
A LITERATURE REVIEW IS NOT AN ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY. Please do not summarize study by study – you must synthesize your information and find common themes, ideas, and findings, and group those articles together.
Here is a library of six videos that will show you how to perform a literature review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkAnKGuX7fs&list=PLjBMY3HggCpCEpa2VIXXM1udk9kcknahX
|Main Idea #1
|Main Idea #2
|Main Idea #3
|Main Idea #4
To use the matrix, label each Source column with an author name or brief title. Use the area on the left to note the key points you identify in your reading. As you read each source, make notes in the appropriate Source column whenever you come across additional information that relates to each of the main ideas. When you have completed the chart, review your notes to identify common themes, areas of disagreement, or gaps in the literature.
To prepare this paper you will need to:
- provide a clear rationale for an important scientific investigation related to nursing science
- include at least four relevant peer-reviewed studies published within the past five years
The following article offers helpful guidelines for constructing a critique of a nursing research article:
Cronin, P., Ryan, F., & Coughlan, M. (2008). Undertaking a literature review: a step-by-step approach. British Journal of Nursing, 17(1): 38-43.
Specific Assignment Instructions
Below is the outline to be followed for creating your paper:
Please use the PICOT question listed below as the topic of discussion.
“Do patients receiving CHG bathing after post-operative care after surgery by the nurses and health care workers not following CHG bathing guidelines exposed to a higher risk of contracting hospital-acquired infections (nosocomial infections) in comparison with those who are treated with the post-operative care by the nurses and health care workers following to the CHG bathing guidelines during few days after surgery?
- State the topic you selected and why.
- Provide some background information about the topic. Why is it important? Use data to support your argument.
- Explain your search and methods – List a minimum of four keywords that you used for your search, the databases you used to perform your search, and how you selected the articles you are reviewing.
Synthesis of the Literature Discussion
- Synthesize what you have learned from the articles you have evaluated.
- Summarize the overall findings of the articles.
Application to Nursing Practice
- Describe how these can be applied to nursing research and practice.
- Provide a brief conclusion to wrap up the contents presented in the paper.
- Provide a reference page with appropriate APA-formatted citations of all sources used within the paper.
Answer preview to Literature review is to present relevant literature findings from nursing and related fields