Watch/read up to one of the films/articles listed below and then submit
Watch/read up to one of the films/articles listed below and then submit a page-long response about it.
In this response, discuss in two paragraphs what the film/article teaches about neoliberal globalization.
1. China Blue
2. The Constant Gardener
3. Up in the Air
4. Zeitgeist Addendum
5. Life and Debt
6. If you can find a copy of it, Sweet Crude (http://www.sweetcrudemovie.com/)
7. The Corporation http://www.sprword.com/videos/corp/
8. Dirty Pretty Things
9. El Norte
11. The Cup–if you’re a Buddhist and a soccer fan, this is the movie for you!
12. Black Gold (the one about coffee: http://blackgoldmovie.com/)
1. The Americanization of Mental Illness by Ethan Watters (2010), New York Times.http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/10/magazine/10psyche-t.html?_r=0 (Links to an external site.).
2. The Hypocrisy of ‘Helping’ the Poor by Paul Theroux (2015), New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/04/opinion/sunday/the-hypocrisy-of-helping-the-poor.html (Links to an external site.).
The work should be ORIGINAL and clear!!
A well written and well thought out response IS REQUIRED.
As we have read so far, Neo- liberalism is seen as set of economic policies which have so much spread in the last twenty five years. As a matter of fact globalization has contributed so much in neoliberalism. Today, poor people are continuing to grow poorer while those who are rich are continuing to grow richer day by day. In fact, people are benefiting themselves in the name of helping poor people especially those from third world countries. One thing we learn through this article is that people are getting through…