Imagine you are a mental health worker assigned the task of presenting information about this life stage for training purposes.
Family Development Presentation
Using the life stage you selected (Adolescence)for analysis throughout this course, imagine you are a mental health worker assigned the task of presenting information about this life stage for training purposes.
Audience: You will present to colleagues who have not worked with this life stage before.
In a PowerPoint presentation, use the revised information in your worksheets to create a presentation about your selected life stage:
- Explain the family life cycle and various challenges affecting the family life cycle today.
- Explain the effects of various crises on family development:
- Substance abuse
- Chronic illness or traumatic loss of a loved one
- Introduce and briefly explain your selected life stage.
- Include the second order tasks of this life stage and include how this stage intersects with other family life cycles.
- Include the impact of the following on your selected life stage:
- Gender roles
- Social institutions including schools, work/career, and religious institutions
- Present the unique challenges of this life stage and mental health issues dealt with in this life stage.
- Finally, recommend ways for mental health workers to assist families dealing with the challenges of this life stage and various mental health issues that are associated with this life stage. Use the SAMHSA web site resources as a reference for your colleagues.
The PowerPoint presentation should consist of 15-20 slides not including the title slide and slide for APA citations. Images may be included in the presentation, but be sure to keep all image sizes low for this presentation.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assessment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide.
Students should use the Academic Writing Resource located in the course materials folder.
Answer preview to imagine you are a mental health worker assigned the task of presenting information about this life stage for training purposes.