Management across cultures: Challenges, Strategies, and Skills.
Reference course textbook:
• Steers, R. and Osland, J. (2020) – 4th Edition. Management across cultures: Challenges, Strategies, and Skills. New York: Cambridge University Press. ISBN: 978-1-108-71759-5 Paperback
Please take this opportunity to reflect on your total learning experience this semester. I am not looking for a “right” answer as there are no “right” or “wrong” answers. Each student learns differently. I am only interested in reading your thoughtful self-reflection on key learning pieces from taking this course.
Please DO NOT provide lengthy responses to the following questions. Only one short paragraph for each question should suffice.
1. What is your most important learning about the ways a national culture influences managerial decisions and organizational structure?
2. What is your most important learning about how to apply a cultural theory (like the Hofstede dimensions) to managerial and ethical decisions in cross-cultural environments?
3. What is your most important learning about cross-cultural communication and considerations for cross-cultural negotiations and conflict management?
4. What is your most important learning about leading and managing a global workforce or a global team?
5. What is your most important learning about managing the transitional challenges faced by employees working in other countries?
6. What is your most important learning about cross-cultural and virtual global teamwork?
7. If you were to objectively grade your own performance in this course, what course grade would you give yourself?
8. What was the impact of class discussions on your own learning?
9. What was the impact of the group project on your own learning?
10. Did you carefully read the detailed formative feedback that your professor provided on your written assignments? How did you utilize the formative feedback for improving your learning?
11. How did your performance improve during the entire term (or not)?
12. What would you do differently with this course (or not) if you had to start it all over again? What suggestions or comments can you offer about this course to improve it in the future?
Please make sure to cite all references.
Answer preview to management across cultures: Challenges, Strategies, and Skills.