The plan is for you to pick three stocks to buy with a hypothetical investment of $5,000.
1. Open the attached Excel file and save it to your computer with a different name. 2. 2-7 Technology (p. 155 in your eBook)
1. The plan is for you to pick three stocks to buy with a hypothetical investment of $5,000. Use https://finance.yahoo.com/ to find three stocks you’re interested in and calculate how many shares you can buy with your $5,000. Keep in mind that you have to buy three different stocks and assume a fixed commission of $9.95 for each purchase. For this DQ your purchase date is Monday of week 6. Use the close price on Monday of week 6 as your price per share in cells D12, D13, and D14. Input the closing price into a spreadsheet for each day of week 6(M – F) and Monday of week 7. Finally use formulas to calculate the amount of gain or loss on your investment.
To find the closing prices follow these steps
1. Go to https://finance.yahoo.com/
2. Search for a stock you are interested in.
3. Once on the summary page for your stock, use the historical data tab
4. Use the 6 close prices for each day in week 6(M-F) and Monday of week 7.
Note, you will see the formula typed in the formula bar above the cell columns.
Note, the attached PDF will show you how to access the eBook where you can access the video for the DQ.
1. Click Unit 2
2. Choose media
3. Scroll to the right until you find QR 2-7 Tech video.
Here is the link for Tech Hint QR 2 – 7.
Answer preview to the plan is for you to pick three stocks to buy with a hypothetical investment of $5,000.