To demonstrate your comprehensive knowledge of geography, you will write a response to the following essay question concerning “world rankings” of nations or political states:
One of the problems with globalization is outsourcing/offshoring of industries from developed countries to developing countries. Some have argued that industrial production should not be shifted from developed nations to developing nations without adequate environmental protection and feel that the benefits of income generated by manufacturing jobs are less than the costs endured by those living near the factories in those developing countries. From their perspective costs of production are being transferred from rich countries to poor ones while the benefits, in the form of profits and consumer goods, remain in rich countries. Those who argue that free trade is good for poor countries obviously see the benefits of accepting those factories as outweighing their environmental costs.
What do you think about these arguments and further – Do you think that this kind of globalization of moving industries/services from developed countries to developing countries improves the lives and living conditions of those workers in these developing countries?
Support your discussion by using information from peer reviewed published journals (At least 4 sources or more) to support your assertions. (NO WIKIPEDIAS).
Instructions for preparing your paper:
(1) The first paragraph should be an introduction with a thesis statement that directly answers the question.
(2) The middle paragraphs should make up the body. Each paragraph should have a topic sentence and at least five detail sentences. Include interesting and informative supporting facts and examples in your own words to demonstrate a full understanding of the topic and support your thesis. Include documented personal experience from a primary source.
(3) The final paragraph should summarize your research and applications as they relate to your thesis in your conclusion.
Your paper (essay) must:
- Use APA (American Psychological Association) format in 12-point Times New Roman font, one-inch margins, double-spaced
- Include parenthetical in-text citations
- At least one of your sources must be a primary source
- Be formal in tone. Do not use personal pronouns or contractions
- Include your name at the top page of your document
- Title page that would include: a running head, the title of your paper, your names, your university, and the professor’s name. The body of your paper should incorporate subheadings and in-text citations (no footnotes). Your Title page and Reference Pages should occupy single independent pages one for the Title page and the other for References.
Globalization is the process by which beliefs, practice, trade and other aspects of human life have spread the word making it a global village. The ease of dissemination of information, industry and technology have benefited those who have not been in the capacity of accessing or creating the technologies and industries for themselves. Therefore, it is beyond reasonable doubt that globalization has been tremendously beneficial, especially to the developing countries. However, just like every good…