High fructose corn syrup (HFCS)
|Read and discuss the following article: Annie Hauser. (March 20, 2012). Is High-Fructose Corn Syrup Really Worse Than Sugar? In EverydayHealth.com. Retrieved Aug 7, 2012, fromhttp://www.everydayhealth.com/diet-and-nutrition/is-high-fructose-corn-syrup-really-worse-than-sugar.aspx
Please address all of the following:
1) How does this information compare with what you have ‘heard’ about HFCS?
2) What are your thoughts on the HFCS research findings in the article?
3) Do you agree with the FDA decision to deny the request from the Corn Refiners association to rebrand HFCS as “corn sugar?” Explain why or why not.
4) Should consumers be concerned about consuming HFCS? Explain why or why not
- How does this information compare with what you have ‘heard’ about HFCS?
This information is not in line with what I have heard about HFCS. Most of the information available online talks about HFCS has a better alternative to sugar. Foods in supermarkets and food stores are labeled as containing HFCS so as to…