Health Promotion Plan Presentation
Assessment 4: Health Promotion Plan Presentation
Build a slide presentation (PowerPoint preferred) of the hypothetical health promotion plan you developed in the first assessment. Then, implement your health promotion plan by conducting a hypothetical face-to-face educational session addressing the health concern and health goals of your selected group. How would you set goals for the session, evaluate session outcomes, and suggest possible revisions to improve future sessions? As you begin to prepare this assessment, you are encouraged to complete the Vila Health: Conducting an Effective Educational Session activity. The information gained from completing this activity will help you succeed with the assessment as you consider key issues in conducting an effective educational session for a selected audience. Completing activities is also a way to demonstrate engagement..
Instructions: Complete the following:
Prepare a 10 slide PowerPoint presentation with a voice-over and detailed speaker notes that reflects your hypothetical presentation. This presentation is the implementation of the plan you created in Assessment 1. The speaker notes should be well organized. Be sure to include a transcript of the voice-over (please refer to the PowerPoint tutorial). The transcript can be submitted on a separate Word document.
Simulate the hypothetical face-to-face educational session addressing the health concern and health goals of your selected community individual or group.
Imagine collaborating with the hypothetical participant(s) in setting goals for the session, evaluating session outcomes, and suggesting possible revisions to improve future sessions.
1. Presents a professional, evidence-based, and engaging PowerPoint presentation. The plan is based on specific, identified health needs and goals, and is well supported by error-free slides that enhance key points and adhere to visual design best practices. The audio and speaker notes of the details of the educational session were clear and appropriate for the hypothetical audience.
2. Evaluates educational session outcomes and the attainment of agreed-upon health goals in collaboration with hypothetical participants. Clearly explains the need for revisions to future educational sessions.
3. Evaluates educational session outcomes in terms of progress made toward Healthy People 2030 objectives and leading health indicators. Clearly explains the need for revisions to better align future sessions with Healthy People 2030 objectives. Evaluates educational session outcomes in terms of progress made toward Healthy People 2030 objectives and leading health indicators. Clearly explains the need for revisions to better align future sessions with Healthy People 2030 objectives.
4. Organizes content with clear purpose/goals. Power point slides support main points, assertions, arguments, conclusions, or recommendations with relevant and evidence-based sources (published within 5 years).
5. Slides are easy to read and clutter free. Slide background is “visually” pleasing with a contrasting color for the text and may utilize graphics. Detailed audio, transcript, and speaker notes are provided. Audio is clear, organized, and professionally presented.
Answer preview toHealth Promotion Plan Presentation