Understanding the role information systems play in health care leadership is essential to the success of health care professionals. In a minimum of 300 words, address the following points in your discussion post:
- Why is health care information important to all health care professionals?
- Why is health information system important to health care?
- Name four of the major health information systems and their use.
- What is the impact of health information systems on patient care?
- What are at least three definitions of the term “health care information”?
Week 1 – Discussion 2
Health information systems, like most technologies, face issues with data input and information output. Major issues of health information systems may vastly impact the accessibility and/or integrity of patient-protected health information (PHI). Health care leaders are continuously concerned about PHI quantity, quality, security, and efficiency. In a minimum of 300 words, address the following points in your discussion:
- List the main categories of information and data.
- What are three ways in which data can be monitored for quality?
- What happens when data quality is compromised?
- How does the health care industry rate in terms of information systems adoption?
Health care information is important to all healthcare professionals due to the following reasons; it helps them to improve the quality of healthcare or its effectiveness. Health information awareness increases the productivity of the professionals. It helps them to prevent occurrences of medical errors that may endanger the lives of patients and instead increases the accuracy……………………