Food and Drug Administration
Using Westlaw, locate and read FDA v. Brown and Williamson et al., 120 S. Ct. 1291 (2000). Then consider the following:
- What different types of rules was the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) making? Give examples.
- In what rulemaking process(es) did the FDA appear to have engaged?
- Do you agree with the Court’s ruling? Why, or why not?
Go to the Social Security Administration’s website at http://www.socialsecurity.gov/OP_Home/rulings/rulfind1.html#YRT2014. Under Resources on the right side of the page, click “Our Program Rules” Scroll down to The Rulings, and click “Recent Social Security Rulings and Acquiescence Rulings.” Select any of the recent rulings listed, read the ruling, and answer the following questions:
- What is the subject of the ruling you chose?
- What is the purpose of the ruling?
- Do you think it is helpful to the general public to be able to find and read these rulings on the SSA website? Why, or why not?
What other comments or questions do you have about the ruling?
This is a case that involves food and drug administration had a case with brown and Williamson CigarrateCompany and others who were interested in the case. The FDA wanted to regulate tobacco products arguing that under the FDCA, nicotine is considered a drug and cigarettes and smokeless tobacco are used to introduce tobacco in the system. FDA introduced the law that sees that children and adolescents do not get access to tobacco. Brown & Williamson Tobacco Corporation, tobacco……..