Integrate communication modalities which convey cultural humility
The purpose of this assignment is to promote introspective reflection related to leadership competencies which positively influence others and cultivate healthful working relationships. Students will reflect upon personal strengths and opportunities for enhancement with respect to leadership competencies, and implications of leadership competency in the selected are of MSN specialty practice.
Through this assignment, the student will address the following Course Outcomes:
• CO #3 – Integrate communication modalities which convey cultural humility, value the diverse nature of individuals, and cultivate healthful work environments.
• CO #5 – Recognize individual strengths and opportunities for enhancement regarding leadership characteristics reflective of a MSN-prepared nurse.
Criteria for Content
Based upon readings and learning activities within the class lessons, reflect upon specific leadership-related competencies which you possess and leadership competencies where there is an opportunity for enhancement. Identify two specific areas of strength, and two areas for improvement. How will those competencies impact future practice as a MSN-prepared nurse in your specialty area?
In a two- to three-page reflective essay, address the following elements. Include a minimum of two peer-reviewed scholarly sources, current within five years, to support your work. See rubric for specific, required content criteria within each section of the paper:
1. Provide an introduction to the reflective essay.
2. Consider your personal leadership competencies
3. Explain two specific examples of how leadership competencies will impact your practice in the selected MSN track.
4. Provide a conclusion to the reflective essay.
PREPARING THE ASSIGNMENT
Criteria for Format and Special Instructions
1. Abide by the Chamberlain College of Nursing Academic Integrity Policy.
2. Use Microsoft Word 2013 to create the reflective essay.
3. The paper (excluding title and reference pages) should be at least two full pages in length and should not exceed three full pages in length.
4. A minimum of two (3) peer-reviewed scholarly sources, current within five years, are required.
5. Sources older than five years may not be used.
6. No direct quotes may be used in this assignment.
7. Title page, pagination, subheadings, body of paper, citation of sources, and reference page must follow APA guidelines as found in the current edition of the manual.
8. Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, punctuation, sentence and paragraph structure are followed and consistent with formal, scholarly writing as noted in the current edition of the APA Manual.
9. First person may be used for this assignment.
Answer preview to Integrate communication modalities which convey cultural humility