Criminal Justice Homework
1. (APA Format)
Write a 200- to 300-word response in which you address the following questions:
- What is considered to be a courtroom work group?
- How does this courtroom work group interact on a daily basis?
- What is the role of the prosecutor?
- How does a prosecutor determine which cases to pursue?
- What would happen if the criteria for taking a case were more, or less, stringent?
- What changes to the courtroom work group would you recommend?
Include the following:
- An explanation of the six forms of punishment
- The relationship between sentencing and punishment in today’s courts
- Recommendations for how to modify the sentencing process to reduce recidivism rates
What is considered to be a courtroom work group?
Courtroom work group are professionals who collaborate to serve in the court. They work together in pursuit of justice in the court. It is possible through successful completion of grails. The professionals include justices, judges, court clerks, attorneys, and other court servicemen.
How does this courtroom work group interact on a daily basis?
The group collaborates to…
Compare the four philosophical reasons for sentencing criminals.
The four philosophical reasons for sentencing criminals include retribution, deterrence, incapacitation and rehabilitation. Under retributive justice, the nature and severity of the punishment are attributed to the kind of crime. The punishment that is given depends on the level of the crime. In contrast, deterrence prevents future crimes through the setting up of examples. The punishment, as a result, has a deterrent value. It does not…