Case Study: Clinical Supervision
For this assignment, you will refer to the Course Case Study. Reread the case study, looking specifically at issues related to clinical supervision. Examine the ACA’s ethical guidelines related to the issue of supervision in Section F and answer the following questions:
- Explain the ethical issues related to the supervisor.
- Explain the ethical issues related to the supervisee/student.
- Examine the influence of your own personal values as it relates to the issues presented in the case.
- Compare the violations to the APA’s ethical standards and describe the similarities or differences in the ethical code using the following websites:
- Imagine you are a member of the ACA ethics committee. Describe the recommendations you have for the supervisor.
- Describe the recommendations you have for the supervisee/student.
The supervisor, Lily, was wrong to leave Jack without someone licensed to practice. It was ethically wrong to have her ask Jack to proceed with his work without anyone watching over. Also, Lilly has a duty to look over Jack and so withdrawing from this duty amounts to a breach. It is also ethically wrong to do this.
Jack was supposed to proceed with the clients…………