Research information about your careers
This presentation should summarize what you learned from your Chapter 3 assignment about careers. You will research information about your careers\\\’ salary, education level, duties, ethical issues, and emerging technologies. You want to find out what a person in each career does but you also need to investigate criteria for each career that we will use for evaluation. Your presentation topics:
- A brief description of 3 technology careers in the technology field.
- Describe each career in detail including salary (based in MD, VA, and DC geographical area), education level or certification needed, and duties.
- What emerging technology (within the past 5 years) is used in the industry (your chosen careers) to improve production or work flow.
- What are the ethical issues of all three careers.
- Include 4 different references.
Before you began constructing your presentation do the following:
- Read about evaluating website on the PGCC Library web site. Go to http://pgcc.libguides.com/c.php?g=60038&p=385689
- Review APA style reference at https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/general_format.html
- Look up the criteria for each of your careers on the Bureau of Labor and Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook https://www.bls.gov/ooh
- Look up the criteria for each of your careers on O*Net https://www.onetonline.org/
- Look up the criteria for each of your careers on a site of your choice
- Find at least one site that identifies an ethical issue(s) for your careers
- Find at least one site that identifies an emerging technology(ies) for your careers
- Keep all (4 or more) URL’s in a Word document using the Word reference feature.
You will be able to complete the PowerPoint presentation with the student resources provided. Your presentation must include:
- Audio – Audio should enhance the purpose of your presentation. Do not just add random music or read your slides.
- PowerPoint slides – a minimum of 10 slides
Requirements: 10 slides
Each chapter covers one to two weeks of course content. Clicking into the Chapter folder will show you the objectives, reading assignments, homework, supplementary materials and a wrap-up. Your class detailed schedule (under the Syllabus and Schedule button) explains during what weeks and dates the modules will occur, as well as listing all assignments with points and due dates. Some assignments \\\”disappear\\\” after their due dates. Please review the detailed schedule for due dates.
Answer preview to Research information about your careers