Assignment 2: Terrorist Organization
Due Week 9 and worth 50 point
Research a foreign terrorist organization of your choice.
Write a two to four (2-4) page paper in which you:
- Describe the history of the organization.
- Compare and contrast the organization’s primary beliefs, motives, and allies with another terrorist organization of your choice.
- Discuss past actions and terroristic endeavors.
- Discuss the present areas of operation, believed actions, and current status of the organization.
- Analyze the actions taken by intelligence agencies to protect against the group’s current believed actions and describe the effectiveness of these measures.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Compare and contrast terrorism, terrorist groups, organized crime, and their financing activities and practices.
- Analyze the role of intelligence and counterterrorism activities among federal agencies.
- Describe future trends in homeland security and terrorist activities.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in homeland security.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to Homeland Security Organization and Administration using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Supplement:Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
Terrorist organization: al Shabaab
Al Shabaab, is a terrorist group that is based in Somalia. It is comprised of a commander and the sub-commanders and their men. Usually, they are organized into smaller groups that are radical and take orders from the commander. They do their training in Somalia. Al Shabaab is a jihadist group that is anti-Christian and since has terrorized their Christian counterparts in the neighboring countries such as Kenya. Their main intent, however, is to take control over Somalia government that has been unstable for close to three decades now…