Assignment 1: Procedural Email Message
Due Week 2 and worth 140 points
Write a procedural email message to employees reminding them of standard operating procedures or organizational changes that take the form of step-by-step instructions. Be creative, or use an issue applicable to your work environment. (Example can be found on page 76, Figure 5.1, of the course text.)
The message should take the form of an email; however, you will submit your assignment to the online course shell.
The procedural message must adhere to the following requirements:
- Introduce the main idea of the message in a concise, informative manner.
- Itemize three to five (3-5) key points with detail.
- Provide information about where and to whom questions should be directed.
- Use a descriptive subject line or heading.
- Use bullets to separate ideas and simplify reading.
- Include an appropriate and professional greeting / salutation.
- Use email form including: To:, From:, Subject:, and Signature.
- Clarity / Mechanics:
- Ensure that there are no grammar or spelling errors.
- Ensure that there are no clarity, writing, and mechanical errors.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, single-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Submitting your assignment:
- Submit your assignment through the online course shell only.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Use writing process strategies to develop brief business documents, such as routine messages, bad news messages, and persuasive/sales messages.
- Support ideas or claims in body paragraphs with clear details, examples, and explanations.
- Organize ideas logically by using transitional words, phrases, and sentences.
- Use sentence variety and effective word choice in written communication.
- Write clearly and concisely using proper writing mechanics.
TO: All Employees
SUBJECT: Creation of a Managerial position.
Greetings, as you all know innovation is critical, in the modern day business endeavors, for the success of any company. In this era you face more complex challenges which require broader skill set than in the recent past. For this reason, the board of directors has decided to add a new managerial post for the Head innovations Officer.
The company will conduct a vetting process of its employees for the new post. All employees must follow the following procedure in order to be shortlisted for the new managerial position. The process will be beneficial to all employees, it will prepare them for greater responsibilities of helping in the advancement of this company.
Critical thinking test at the human resource office. The…