Assignment 1: Course Project Part II—Practice
You have researched the theoretical writings related to your selected mental disorder in the second part of the course project. In the third part, you will examine the practice related to the disorder.
You have conducted field research on practice related to the disorder, including the interview with a health professional. Based on the information you have gathered, develop a paper that includes the following:
- Describe the extent and nature of the disorder, such as number of people diagnosed and under treatment, demographics, and other factors of interest.
- Explain how the selected disorder is diagnosed.
- Explain how the selected disorder is treated. Be sure to include all the views on appropriate treatment and comment on diversity of views or dissent.
- Differentiate the diagnosis of this disorder from those of the other disorders within the same diagnostic category.
- Comment on culturally bound syndromes, cultural biases, or the interplay between assessment and diagnosis and culture.
Write a 4–5-page paper in Word format. Make sure to review the rubric so as to address all necessary criteria. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M5_A1.doc.
By Friday, August 15, 2014, deliver your assignment to the M5: Assignment 1 Dropbox.
Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a behavioral disorder. It is affecting a wide range of children in the United States. This has led to Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for Mental Disorders devising for a differential criteria for the diagnosis of ADHD. Care must be observed in the administration of the diagnosis and the treatment for ADHD (Gozal & Molfese, 2009).
Extent and nature of ADHD
Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is the current investigative tag for children that are presented with noteworthy troubles with attention and characteristically with impetuosity and too much commotion as well. Children that experience ADHD represent a somewhat population that is not homogeneous…