Accounting Information Systems Paper
Access Virtual Organizations to obtain company information on Riordan Manufacturing, or select an organization with which you are familiar. Obtain instructor approval for your company selection.
Review the various types of information systems, and hardware, and software applications used by this company.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper that answers the following questions:
- What are the various types of information systems employed by payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and accounting? Describe in detail how each type is used.
- What hardware is used within the organization to support information systems? Is this hardware sufficient? Why or why not?
- What types of software applications are utilized to support the information systems? Are these applications adequate? Why or why not?
- How do payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivables, and accounting information systems interact with one another? Do they work efficiently? Explain your answer.
- What viable recommendations or suggestions might you make to management to make the organization more efficient? Explain your answer.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
What are the various types of information systems employed by payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and accounting? Describe in detail how each type is used.
Riordan Manufacturing is a world wide plastic manufacturer. It is recognized globally. It uses various information systems to gather information required by its departments for decision making. There are different plant locations which uses different information systems. This poses a challenge for Riordan Manufacturing due to the differences…