Promotional strategy research paper
Select one (1) of the following categories of products to research: sports apparel, automobiles, home furnishings, or televisions. Use the Internet to research at least two (2) companies within the selected product category. Take note of the leading companies in this product group, as well as the types of marketing, pricing, and consumer-oriented promotional strategies that these leading companies within the product group use.
- Compare and contrast the promotional strategies used by two (2) different companies for a similar product within the category that you selected.
- Recommend two (2) ways in which a company within the selected product group could use marketing information to differentiate itself in the marketplace to gain an advantage over its competitors. Provide a rationale to support your recommendations.
- Propose two (2) uses for consumer-oriented promotions that could assist a company in both the short and long term for the product group that you selected. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Analyze the strategic manner in which the leading company in this product group has made its pricing decisions by using one or more of the four (4) pricing objectives. Suggest two (2) actions that other companies within the same product group may take in order to differentiate themselves and gain a competitive advantage. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Determine the most effective advertising medium for a company in the selected product category. Support your response with two (2) examples of the effectiveness of the chosen medium.
- Use at least six quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource.
*****Paper must be 8 full pages*****
*****Please outline the paper with each question in bold print for each answer or referring paragraph *****
- The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA format.
This paper will be focused on television. It will look at two companies that are in this industry and compare and contrast them. Later on it will draw its focus on one company and look at the various aspects of this company while answering the questions that are provided.
Compare and contrast the promotional strategies used by two (2) different companies for a similar product within the category that you selected.
Product promotion is an essential for letting the market now what you are going to offer and what differentiates it from other products. A company can use one promotional method or even use many. The bottom line is that they have…..