1. Interpreting Nonverbal Communication
Nonverbal communication replaces, reinforces, and contradicts verbal communication. Describe a time when nonverbal communication caused you to misinterpret the message in a work situation (explain the type of nonverbal cue using the information in the text). Then, using the guidelines for improving nonverbal communication in the text, explain how you can keep this from occurring again.
2. Empathy, Empathy, Empathy!
Empathy is a crucial component of both the professional interview and the client-professional relationship. After watching the video clips, discuss a time when you were trying to express empathy to someone and then answer the following questions:
- Did you experience any of the “empathic failures” identified in our reading?
- Looking back on the interaction, with what you have learned about empathy, is there anything you would have done differently?
- How did your personal values come into play in the conversation? Did they help or hinder your ability to provide empathy?
WORK MUST BE ORIGINAL AND 100% PLAGIARISM FREE
- Interpreting Nonverbal Communication
There was a time I was asked by my boss to do a marketing presentation to a group of clients who had paid our company a visit. I was supposed to prepare a PowerPoint presentation and show it during a board meeting with the clients. I did as required and on completing the presentation, as the norm I asked if anyone had a question. I had noticed earlier that one of the CEO’s kept scratching the back of his neck as if he did not understand what I was presenting. So when I was asking if anyone had a question, I…