- List the main sectors and sub sectors of the transportation infrastructure.
- Explain the function of each transportation sector.
- List some of the most important design parameters for transportation components.
- Describe some of the fundamental relationship between transportation and other
infrastructure sectors, subsectors, and components.
- Read the ASCE Report Card for America’s Infrastructure chapter on roads. State the
most challenging problems facing the roads sector.
- According to the ASCE Report Card for America’s Infrastructure chapter on aviation,
how resilient is the US aviation system?
List the main sectors and sub sectors of the transportation infrastructure.
The main sectors include; air and maritime, roads and truck transportation. Subsectors include; logistics services, air and express delivery service, tracking, maritime and freight frail (Delmon and Delmon, 2009).
Explain the function of each transportation sector.
Air deals with transporting people and goads in the air, maritime transports heavy duty goods by seas, trucks transports heavy duty loads by roads
List some of the most important design parameters…