Teachers have the choice to reinforce the behavior of students who do what they’re supposed to do or punish behavior that they do not want to see in a classroom. You face these same challenges on a daily basis – as parents, in the military, in your career, and so on.
In your essay this week, address the following:
- Define positive reinforcement
- Define negative reinforcement
- Define punishment
- Show how you have applied and/or discuss how you will apply these choices to your daily life
- Share your experiences regarding the effectiveness of the two types of reinforcement and punishment in various situations.
- Finally, share something that you learned from Chapter Five that might change the way that you handle certain situations or that supports the way that you currently handle these situations.
essay should be at least 500 words in length
Positive reinforcement is the addition of a reinforcing stimulus following a behavior that makes it more likely for the behavior to occur again in future. It is often defined by the occurrence of a favorable event or action after a reinforcing stimulus. Take for example that a teacher rewards a student who cleans the classroom or whose work is well explained. The student will be stimulated to work even better and is…